[Kidd] takes little shreds of language and lifts them up and turns them in the light, holding them, playing with them – searching them for meaning as if they were toys that had just come out of a black box, without instructions.
Clearly one of Canada’s most talented wordsmiths.
Broken Pencil (Toronto)
- Missing the Ark (novel). conundrum press, 2007.
- Pistol (anthology). Short story: Behold the Ragged Dog, 2008.
- Troc-paroles / Troc de paraules (anthology). Poems: Bipolar Bear and Lion Queen, 2008.
- the portable conundrum (anthology). Short story: Niagara Falls. conundrum press, 2006
- The Journey Prize Stories 17 (anthology). Short story: Green-Eyed Beans. McClelland & Stewart, 2005.
- Short Fuse: The Global Anthology of New Fusion Poetry (anthology). Poem: Tale of a Horse Leech. Rattapallax Press, 2002.
- side/lines: A New Canadian Poetics (anthology). Short story: Happy the Ghost Boy. Insomniac Press, 2002.
- Ribsauce: a cd/anthology of words by women (anthology). Poem: Tale of the Horse Leech, Véhicule Press & Wired on Words, 2001.
- Impure: Reinventing the Word – The theory, practice, and oral history of ‘spoken word’ artists in Montreal. conundrum press, 2001.
- Meltwater: Fiction and Poetry from the Banff Centre (anthology). Short story: Tympanic Membrance. Banff Centre Press, 1998.
- Moosehead Anthology (anthology). Poems: Eros & Pathos and Scales of an Orange. DC Books, 1997.
- The Headless Bride (short story). PEN International magazine – “Heaven & Earth” issue, 2009.
- *Green-Eyed Beans (short story). Matrix magazine, 2005.
- The Origami of Found Objects, (essay). Ascent magazine, 2005.
- Bumpy Passages (essay). Ascent magazine, 2005.
- Aeroplane Bones (short story). This magazine, 2000.
* Nominated for Journey Prize.
- psitticine flute. (short story – chapbook). conundrum press, 2000.